Multiple G1 winning Myrtle House Stables, was established 4 years ago, based at the picturesque Hawkesbury Racecourse (close to Clarendon/Richmond/Windsor). With a longstanding family history of managing and training great thoroughbreds, Edward Cummings continues in both his fathers and grandfather’s footsteps. We’re a small team achieving big results.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Track Worker to join the team.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Follow an exercise training program laid out by the horse trainer
- Walk, gallop and trot horses regularly, according to the training program
- Make reports to the trainer on horses' progress and performance
- Monitor horses' health and temperament and report signs of injury and illness
An integral part of the team you will bring your previous experience along with:
- Ability to ride horses as directed by trainer’s requirements
- Minimum 2 years Riding experience necessary
- Experience riding Thoroughbreds preferable
- Experience with breaking horses in, working under Trainer preferable
- Reliability and enthusiasm, along with excellent communication skills
- Work autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrated experience in riding a horse to a timed gallop
- Must have current drivers’ licence and own vehicle
- Ability to carry out instructions by being self-motivated and proactive.
- Completion of Certificate III in Racing (Trackwork rider) would be highly regarded
Why Join Us?
- Career growth within the business
- A car will be available to the candidate willing to take on greater duties such as staff management, raceday representation etc.
- Outdoor work, early mornings with high class horses preparing to take on the best of Sydney Racing.
- Energetic young team looking to expand and improve.
- Bonus payments for high performance
How to Apply
If you feel that this is the opportunity for you then please Apply. Making sure to attach a brief cover letter and with your up-to-date CV outlining your recent experience and suitability for the position.
We look forward to hearing from you!