Northern Territory Veterinary Services is looking for a Veterinary Receptionist to join our amazing team at Alice Veterinary Centre in Alice Springs. We are currently looking for a full time or part time receptioniat. Rediscover your passion for customer service and pet healthcare as you join a team of exceptional Veterinarians and Vet Nurses, committed to medical and surgical excellence in a caring, warm and friendly environment.
The Practice: The practice is purpose built, fully air conditioned and includes a large reception area, two dedicated surgical theatres, large prep/treatment room and separate dog and cat wards. The clinic is a large practice with the majority of the work being Small Animal and Equine. We work also with the local wildlife centres and parks, treating a variety of native wildlife. Our team is made up of 7 Vets, 8 nurses, 3 receptionists and a kennel hand.
The key tasks for the role include:
• Managing incoming telephone calls as well as serving clients.
• Assisting in Admitting Patients as they come in
• Booking and managing appointments through the practice software.
• Taking payments and balancing the till at the end of the day.
• Product sales and client education.
• Assisting in Ordering stock and general stock control duties
• Computer data entry and general administration.
• Managing the reminder system and sending out client letters.
• Assisting in the unpacking of orders and stocking shelves.
• Ensuring front of house and consultation areas are always clean and presentable
• General administrative duties to support the day Customer care team
• Answering or facilitating customer and supplier enquiries through email and phone
• Facilitating the courier of samples and orders
• Assisting the practice manager with account enquiries
• Working with the nurse and veterinary team to ensure efficiency of work flow
The ideal candidate should have:
• At least 2-3 years’ reception experience and a passion for the pet care industry.
• Experience within the Vet Industry is preferred, but not essential
• The ability to work well within a team environment and work autonomously.
• Possess excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Be able to multi-task, remain calm under pressure and be detail orientated.
• A willingness to learn and inform our clients about animal health products.
The Town: Alice Springs is a bustling town and far from being in the middle of nowhere. It has an extremely well serviced airport to all major capital cities, loads of shops, café’s, restaurants, schools, sports and cultural activities. Just a 2 hour flight to Darwin and most places. It is surrounded by many national parks some of them internationally renown including Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (The Olgas), Kings Canyon, Palm Valley and the Larrapinta Trail. Its magnificent landscapes lend themselves to an active outdoors lifestyle. Major festivals and events include the Finke Desert Race, Masters Games, Henley-on-Todd Regatta, Camel Cup, and Alice Desert Festival to name a few.
Check out our website www.ntvet.com.au
Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a receptionist?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?